EltaMD® UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
EItaMD® UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 sunscreen is formulated with 5% high-purity niacinamide (vitamin B3) to help reduce the appearance of blemishes, discoloration, and photo-damaged skin. Niacinamide's effect on blemishes such as acne, as well as skin discoloration, has been proven scientifically many times over. Niacinamide's management of acne in several studies suggests it to be highly effective. In one study, as many as 82% of people with inflammatory acne showed improvement after using niacinamide as a topical treatment for eight weeks. Additionally, 60% had significant reductions in papules/pustules and 52% had a reduction in the severity of their acne.
EItaMD® UV Clear contains 9% transparent micronized zinc oxide to protect skin against damaging UVA (aging) rays. It delivers SPF 46 to protect skin from UVB (burning rays). Ideal for daily use for various skin types, EItaMD® UV Clear is extremely lightweight and contributes to maintaining smooth, clean, clear skin. It works well alone or under makeup.
EItaMD® UV Clear is fragrance-free, oil-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and non-comedogenic.
Size net wt 1.7 oz / 48 g
- UVA / UVB protection
- 9% zinc oxide
- 5% high purity niacinamide
- Calms and protects acne-prone skin
- Oil-free, lightweight formula leaves no residue
- Helps prevent sunburn
- If used as directed with other sun protection measures, decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun
- 9.0% Zinc oxide
- 7.5% Octinoxate
- Zinc oxide: Natural mineral compound that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UVA and UVB rays
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): Anti-inflammatory that reduces redness and minimizes the appearance of dry or damaged skin and restores suppleness
- Sodium hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid): Humectant that attracts and retains moisture, improving skin feel and restores suppleness
- Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E): Antioxidant that reduces free radicals to help diminish the visible signs of aging